Community Day of Service
December 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Community Day of Service: Mutual Aid PHX community fridge clean up/refill
Each year our chapter participates in giving back to the local community. This year, our chapter voted to focus on contributions to grassroots mutual aid efforts in the Central Phoenix Community. Now through December 17th we invite you and everyone you know to collect non-perishable foods/goods and monetary donations for perishables to be purchased on our day of service on December 17th. Our goal is to come together on Saturday December 17th where we will divide all who come into two groups. The items we’ve collected will be divided among the groups and we will set off to tidy up and refill the two local fridges located in the Encanto and Garfield neighborhoods. Should folks want to drop-off goods before December 17th, Richard Kennedy is more than happy to collect and store in their office until December 17th.
- What: Mutual Aid PHX community fridge clean up/refill
- Where: Richard Kennedy Architects is the collection site for our efforts. The two community fridges are located in the Phoenix Encanto and Garfield neighborhoods.
- When: Drop off donations now through December 17th at Richard Kennedy Architects. The day of actual service will be December 17th at 10am.
- We are an all-volunteer grassroots group operating in Phoenix, AZ.
- We are prioritizing folks who are sick, disabled, quarantined without pay, elderly, undocumented, queer, Black, Indigenous, and/or people of color — including those displaced from Phoenix to the nearby areas.
- We know that there are enough material resources for everybody in the community. We facilitate the redistribution of resources and create connections to various resources and community-led organizations.
What is mutual aid? (from the Mutual Aid PHX website)
- Mutual aid is solidarity, not charity. we believe that, together, we can build a more survivable system, where we take the responsibility of caring for one another, rather than relying on the state or its enforced individualism.
- Mutual aid is voluntary exchange, with the goal of redistributing resources within and between communities.
- We know there is enough for everyone.
- We keep each other safe.